ACE Sessions in Spring 2024
Please read before applying to ACE
- ACE session(s) are supplementary to lecture course(s). They are not listed in your portal’s schedule of classes.
- Attendance at both ACE problem solving sessions each week of the quarter is required.
- Attendance at ACE mentoring sessions once per week is required.
Applications are accepted from
- Undergraduate students enrolled in STEM courses currently supported by ACE
- Priority is given to EOP, First Generation, and Transfer students.
ACE Spring 2024 Application
The ACE Program is now accepting applications for Spring 2024! The deadline to apply is Thursday March 21st, 2024
Read the following about how to apply:
- Prospective ACE students will be sent links to apply directly for the ACE sessions corresponding to the courses they are enrolled in. Unlike in previous quarters where ACE provided a single application including multiple session options for students to select from, ACE will now be sending out multiple applications directly to students eligible to apply based on their course enrollment status where each application specifies the session options corresponding to one of the courses we support.
- Students may participate in up to 2 different ACE sessions each quarter. Though students may apply to participate in more than 2 ACE sessions if they happen to be enrolled in over 2 ACE-supported courses, once their applications are processed, they will be asked to identify their top two options and if space is available, they will then be granted admission.
ACE Application Cancellation & Session Drop
You may request application cancellations, or to drop ACE sessions using the form below. Drop requests will be accepted up until TBD. In the case of a drop, please notify your session leader either in session or via email in addition to filling out the form.
IMPORTANT TIP: Google Forms work best when submitting on a computer. Make sure you’re signed in with only your UCSC email and signed out of all personal gmail accounts.
What to expect after you apply:
After submitting your application, you will receive an automatic email confirmation with a copy of your application submission. NOTE: If you do not receive this automatic email confirmation, it means you did not hit “submit” after filling out the application. You will need to then fully submit your application correctly in order for it to be processed.
- If you would like to make changes to your application, please use the ACE Application Cancellation & Session Drop form above.
- You will receive an application update email approximately 1 week after submitting your application.