Virtual ACE Sessions in Summer 2021
The health of our student and staff community is our top priority. To prevent the risk of exposure to the COVID-19 virus, and in compliance with the UC Santa Cruz campus decision to hold virtual course instruction in the summer 2021 quarter, ACE problem solving sessions and mentoring will be held virtually.
Please read before applying to ACE
- ACE session(s) are supplementary to lecture course(s). They are not listed in your portal’s schedule of classes.
- Attendance at both ACE problem solving sessions each week of the quarter is required.
- Attendance at ACE mentoring sessions once per week is required.
- If you cannot attend ACE session meetings for the entire quarter, you cannot participate in the ACE session.
Applications are accepted from
- Students who have a proposed or declared major from the Physical & Biological Sciences Division or the Baskin School of Engineering
- EOP students receive priority
- Please only apply for ACE Session(s) that match the courses you are enrolled in for the summer 2021 quarter.
- You may participate in up to 2 different ACE sessions each quarter (or per summer session period).
Summer Session 1 & 8-Week ACE Application Deadline: Wednesday, June 9th, 6:00pm
Summer Session 2 ACE Application Deadline: Wednesday, July 14th, 6:00pm
How To Request Application Edits & Add/Drop/Swap ACE Sessions
You may request edits to the session selections made on your application or add/drop/swap ACE sessions using the form below. Add/drop/swap requests will be accepted up until the add/drop/swap date of the given quarter. In the case of a drop or swap, please notify your session leader either in session or via email in addition to filling out the add/drop/swap form.
IMPORTANT TIP: Google Forms work best when submitting on a computer. Make sure you’re signed in with only your UCSC email and signed out of all personal gmail accounts.
What to expect after you apply:
After submitting your application, you will receive an automatic email confirmation with a copy of your application submission. NOTE: If you do not receive this automatic email confirmation, it means you did not hit “submit” after filling out the application. You will need to fully submit your application in order for it to be processed.
- If you would like to make changes to your application, please use the ACE Application Edit & Session Add Drop Swap form above.